Living and working in Glasgow, Scotland.
Studied at Glasgow School of Art and graduated with a D.A. (Printed Textiles) in 1978 .
Married to painter Douglas Thomson
Worked for three years making costumes with Glasgow’s
Scottish Opera and the Citizens Theatre.
Designed and made children’s clothing , initially as commissions then selling through shops in Glasgow’s West End.
Became involved with the National Childbirth Trust, illustrating training material and booklets and designing merchandise for their online shop.
This led to illustrating the first of twelve published children’s books for Hamish Hamilton and Glowworm Books:
• The Day Dad went For A Pint of Milk – Ron Clark (Hamish Hamilton 1987)
• Nicholas and the Horseshoe – Justine Furminger (Hamish Hamilton 1988)
• Nicholas and the Enormous Tooth – Justine Furminger (Hamish Hamilton 1989)
• Shelley and the Rocking Horse – Justine Furminger (Hamish Hamilton 1990)
• Nicholas and the Brilliant Idea – Justine Furminger (Hamish Hamilton 1991)
• Positive Parenting:A Survival Guide – Pat Rees (Attic Press 1991)
• Soor Plooms and Candy Balls: A Selection of Poems and Short Stories -Margaret Sinclair (Whittles Publishing 1993)
• Stranger on the River – Pat Gerber (Glowworm Books 1999)
• The Ghost of Glenmellish – Pat Gerber (Glowworm Books 2001)
• Adventures on Cairngorm – Pat Gerber (Glowworm Books 2002)
• To Catch a Thief – Pat Gerber (Glowworm Books 2003)
• No Homework Tomorrow – Diana Henry (Glowworm Books 2003)
Portrait commissions and exhibiting in mixed exhibitions followed – The Royal Glasgow Institute, Paisley Art Institute, Glasgow Art Fair, Compass Gallery, Nancy Smillie Gallery, Glasgow Film Theatre, Paisley Art Centre, The Line Gallery (Linlithgow), Finsbay Gallery (Isle of Harris)